This photo was taken on 6/17/14 and we believe the babies to be about 2-3 days old.
Category Archives: Library building
by Jonathan Golden
The Special Collections department will be undergoing renovations during the upcoming weeks. During this time, patrons may notice noise due to the construction taking place. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
During the renovations, Special Collections will be housed in the College Archives (Room 101). From this location, we will still be able to service both faculty and students. We thank you for your understanding and patience during the renovation process.
Blue Wrap Group: Design Competition (Exhibit: April 13-20)
Tuesday, April 17, Opening Reception from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Whittemore Library, FSU
Students will compete in design using recycled materials known as “Blue Wrap,” a durable, sterile
protective cover made of polypropylene used to wrap surgical instruments. Designs will be evaluated
by a panel of judges on the creative use of Blue Wrap, design concept, and the design process.
The competition is open to all faculty, staff and students and is being done in collaboration with
MetroWest Hospital, Natick.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com.
Please come by and celebrate National Library Week with us at the Henry Whittemore Library April 9-13th!
– Displays of faculty and staff publications and art exhibit.
– Draw your Favorite Book Display. Go to specific service desks to participate.
– National Libraries around the World Exhibit.
Monday, April 9th:
– Flash Mob Event – Come and participate on the Doyle Technology Patio 4:30-4:45pm. Come early to get a spot!
Tuesday, April 10th:
– Pimp my book cart contest. Please come and vote for your favorite decorated cart!
– Environmental Poetry Workshop and Reading 4:30-6:30pm in the Library Café. Professor Sam Witt and Librarian Sandra Rothenberg
Thursday April 12th:
– Library Snapshot Day
– Book Club – Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer 12pm in the Library Café.
Friday, April 13th:
– Literary Cake Decorating Contest. All welcome to participate in creating a Book related decorated cake. Come by and assist us by voting for your favorite literary decorated cake. Voting 9:30-12:30pm. At 1pm come by to partake of the yummy creations from 1-2pm.
-Curriculum Library will host a story time for the pre-school children from the Child Development lab.
In honor of October being National Archives Month this new exhibit “I Found it in the Archives” celebrates that moment when the researcher finds a treasure within the Archives. To show this we asked some past researchers to write about some of the collections they have used, and to highlight how this may have helped their research. They wrote about alumnae; Jenny Howard (Class 1866), Bertha Johnston (Class of 1885), Ruth Graves Wakefield (Class of 1924) and Christa Corrigan McAuliffe (Class of 1970). Also in the exhibit are materials from the early Household Arts program (now Consumer Sciences).
Come view the exhibit and maybe something that others found as treasures will resonate with you, or come visit us in Special Collection on the Main Floor of the library to find your own treasure. This exhibit will be up from October through December 2011.
January 28, 2011, was the 25th anniversary of the Challenger mission and disaster. In commemoration of this anniversary, WCVB Boston and reporter Randy Price filmed a special segment here at Framingham State University. Please click on the link below, represented in the film clip is Mary Liscombe – Director of McAuliffe Challenger Center, Colleen Previte – Archivist/Special Collections Librarian at the Henry Whittemore Library at FSU, and the Christa McAuliffe Charter School Science Fair held on January 27, 2011.